Directions: In each of the following questions,there is a certain relationship between two given words on one side of : : and one word is given on another side of : :while another word is to be found from the given alternatives,having the same relation with this word as the words of the given pair bear. Choose the correct alternative.
1 . Moon : Satellite : : Earth 😕 (A) Sun (B) Planet (C)Solar System (D) Asteroid
Ans: (B) Explanation: Moon is a satellite and Earth is a Planet .
2 . Forecast : Future : : Regret 😕 (A) Present (B) Atone (C)Past (D)Sins
Ans: (C) Explanation: Forecast is for Future happenings and Regret is for past actions .
3. Influenza : Virus : : Typhoid : ? (A) Bacillus (B)Parasite (C)Protozoa (D)Bacteria
Ans: (D) Explanation:First is the disease caused by the second .
4. Fear : Threat : : Anger : ? (A)Compulsion (B)Panic (C)Provocation (D)Force
Ans: (C)Explanation: First arises from the second .
5. Melt : Liquid : : Freeze : ? (A)Ice (B)Condense (C)Solid (D)Crystal
Ans: (C) Explanation: First is the process of formation of the second .
6. Clock : Time : : Thermometer : ? (A)Heat (B)Radiation (C)Energy (D)Temperature
Ans: (D) Explanation: First is an instrument used to measure the second .
7. Muslim : Mosque : : Sikhs : ? (A)Golden Temple (B)Medina (C)Fire Temple (D)Gurudwara
Ans: (D) Explanation: Second is the pace of worship for the first .
8. Paw : Cat : : Hoof : ? (A)Horse (B)Lion (C)Lamb (D)Elephant
Ans: (A) Explanation:First is the name given to the foot of the second .
9. Eye :Myopia : : Teeth : ? (A)Pyorrhea (B)Cataract (C)Trachoma (D)Eczema
Ans: (A) Explanation: Second is a disease of the first.
10. Tractor : Trailer : : Horse : ? (A)Stable (B)Cart (C)Saddle (D)Engine
Ans: (B) Explanation: Second is pulled by the first .
11. Scribble : Write : : Stammer : ? (A)Walk (B)Play (C)Speak (D)Dance
Ans: (C)Explanation: First is an improper form of the second.
12. Flower : Bud : : Plant : ? (A) Seed (B)Taste (C)Flower (D)Twig
Ans: (A) Explanation: First develop from the second .
13. Errata : Books : : flaws:? (A)Manuscripts (B)Metals (C)Speech (D)Charter
Ans: (B) Explanation: Errata comprises from the books.Similarly, Flaws are the defects in the metals.
14. Gun : Bullet : : Chimney : ? (A)Ground (B)House (C)Roof (D)Smoke
Ans: (D) Explanation: Second comes out of the first .
15. Breeze : Cyclone : : Drizzle : ? (A)earth quake (B)Storm (C)Flood (D)Down pour
Ans: (D)Explanation: Second is more intense than the first .
16. Car : Garage : : Aeroplane : ? (A)Port (B)Depot (C)Hanger (D)Harbour
Ans: (C) Explanation: First is temporarily parked in the second .
17. Race : Fatigue : : Fast : ? (A)Food (B)Appetite (C)Hunger (D)Weakness
Ans: (C) Explanation:First causes the second .
18. Candle : Wax : : Paper 😕 (A)Wood (B)Tree (C)Bamboo (D)Pulp Ans: (D)Explanation: First is made from the second .
19. Acting : Theater : : Gambling : ? (A)Casino (B)Club (C)Bar (D)Gym
Ans: (A) Explanation: Second is the place for performing the first .
20. Venerate : Worship : : Extol : ? (A)Glorify (B)Homage (C)Compliment (D)Recommend
Ans: (A) Explanation:The words in each pair are synonyms .
21. Water : Convection : : Space : ? (A)Conduction (B)Transference (C)Vacuum (D)Radiation
Ans: (D) Explanation: Second is the mode of transference of heat by the first
22. Growth : Death : : Increase : ? (A)Ease (B)decrease (C)Tease (D)Cease
Ans:(D) Explanation: Second puts an end to the activity denoted by the first .
23. Oxygen : Burn : : Carbon dioxide : ? (A)Isolate (B)Foam (C)Extinguish (D)Explode
Ans: (C) Explanation: Oxygen helps in burnings while carbon dioxide extinguished fires .
24. Dog : Bark : : Goat : ? (A)Bleat (B)Howl (C)Grunt (D)Bray
Ans: (A) Explanation: Second is noise produced by the first .
25. Grain : Stock : : Stick : ? (A)Heap (B)Bundle (C)Collection (D)String
Ans: (B) Explanation: Second is collection of the first .
26. Nurture : Neglect : : Denigrate : ? (A)Reveal (B)Extol(C)Recognize (D)Calumniate
Ans: (B) Explanation: The words in each pair are antonyms .
27. Planet : Orbit : : Projectile : ? (A)Trajectory (B)Track (C)Milky way (D)Path
Ans: (A) Explanation: Second is the path traced by the first .
28. Genuine : Authentic : : Mirage : ? (A)Image (B)Transpiration (C)Reflection (D)Illusion
Ans: (D) Explanation: The words in each pair are synonyms .
29. Cobbler : Leather : : Carpenter : ? (A)Furniture (B)Wood (C)Hammer (D)Chair
Ans: (B) Explanation: Second is the raw material used by the first .
30. Rupee : Indian : : Yen : ? (A)Turkey (B)Bangladesh (C)Pakistan (D)Japan
Ans: (D) Explanation: Rupee is the currency of India . Similarly , Yen is the currency of Japan .
31. Ocean : Deserts : : Waves : ? (A)Sea (B)Dust (C)Sand dunes (D)Ripples
Ans: (C)Explanation: If oceans were deserts, waves would be sand dunes .
32. Pork : Pig : : Beef : ? (A)Farmer (B)Herd (C)Cow(D)Lamb
Ans: (C) Explanation: First is the name given to the meat of the second .
33. Illiteracy : Education : : Flood : ? (A)Rain (B)Bridge (C)Dam (D)River
Ans: (C)Explanation: Second helps ot get rid of the first
35. Appraiser : Building : : Critic : ? (A)Book (B)Masterpiece (C)Judge (D)Gold
Ans: (A) Explanation: First comments on the second .
39. Tile : Mosaic : : Knot : ? (A)Embroidery (B)Abacus (C)Macrame (D)Easle
Ans:(C) Explanation: Just as tiles in mosaic make a pattern , so also the knots in a piece of macrame make a pattern .
40. Import : Export : : Expenditure : ? (A)Deficit (B)Revenue (C)Debt (D)Tax
Ans:(B) Explanation: The words in each pair are antonyms .
41. Hill : Mountain : : Stream : ? (A)River (B)Canal (C)Glacier (D)Avalanche
Ans: (A) Explanation: Second is bigger form of first .
42. Country : President : : State : ? (A)Governor (B)Minister (C)Chief minister (D)Citizen
Ans: (A) Explanation:President and Governor are the nominal heads of country and state respectively .
43. Bread : Yeast : : Curd : ? (A)Fungi (B)Bacteria (C)Germs(D)Virus
Ans: (B) Explanation: First is produced by the action of the second .
44. Court : Justice : : School : ? (A)Teacher (B)Student (C)Ignorance (D)Education
Ans: (D) Explanation: First is the place where the second is imparted .
45. Quartz : Radio : : Gypsum : ? (A)Glass (B)Porcelain (C)Cement (D)Powder
Ans: (C) Explanation: First is used to make the second .
46. Chromite : Chromium : : Ilmenite 😕 (A)Limestone (B)Cobalt (C)Manganese (D)Titanium
Ans: (D) Explanation: Chromite is a mineral of chromium and ilmenite is a mineral of titanium.
47. Command : Order : : Confusion : ? (A)Discipline (B)Clarity (C)Choas (D)Problem
Ans:(C) Explanation: The words in each pair are synonyms.
48. Ruby : Red : : Sapphire : ? (A)Blue (B)White (C)Green (D)Silver
Ans: (A) red precious stone and sapphire is a blue precious stone .
49. House : Garbage : : Ore : ? (A)Rubbish (B)Gangue (C)Sand (D)Dregs
Ans: (B) Explanation: The waste of the house is called garbage .Similarly ,the impurities in the ore are called gangue .
50. HongKong : China : : Vatican : ? (A)Rome (B)Mexico (C)Canada (D)Christianity
Ans: (A)Explanation: HongKong is a city in China .Similarly ,Vatican is a city in Rome .
51. Stee : Rails : : Alnico : ? (A)Aircraft (B)Machinery (C)Silver ware (D)Magnets Ans: (D) Explanation: First is used to makes the second .
52. Poodle : Dog : : Moose : ? (A)Duck (B)Donkey (C)Fowl (D)Deer
Ans: (D)Explanation: Poodle is a bread of dog and moose is a bread of deer .
53. Push : Pull : : Throw : ? (A)Jump (B)Collect (C)Pick (D)Game
Ans: (C) Explanation: The words in each pair are antonyms .
54. Naphthalene : Coal tar : : Dyes : ? (A)Petroleum (B)Oils (C)Chemicals (D)Carbon
Ans: (A)Explanation: First is Obtained from the second .
55. Darwin : Evolution : : Archimedes : ? (A)Friction (B)Lubrication (C)Buoyancy (D)Liquid
Explanation: Darwin gave the theory if evolution ,Like wise Archimedes gave the theory of buoyancy .
56. Hot : Oven : : Cold : ? (A)Ice cream (B)Air conditioner (C)Show (D)Refrigerator
Ans: (D) Explanation: An oven is an appliance to keep the food-items hot ,similarly a refrigerator keeps food-items cold.
57. Conference : Chairman : : Newspaper : ? (A)Reporter (B)Distributer (C)Painter (D)Editor
Ans: (D) Explanation: Chairman is the highest authority in a conference .Similarly editor is the highest authority in a news paper agency.
58. Drama : Stage : : Tennis : ? (A)Tournament (B)Net (C)Court (D)Racket
Ans: (C)Explanation: A drama ia performed on a stage .Similarly tennis is payed on the court.
59. Tree : Forest : Grass : ? (A)Lawn (B)Field (C)Garden (D)Farm
Ans: (A) Explanation: A forest consists of trees and a lawn is made up of grass .
60. Giant : Dwarf : : Genius : ? (A)Wicked (B)Gentle (C)Idiot (D)Tiny
Ans: (C) Explanation: The words in each pair are opppsite of each other.
61. Bank : River : : Coast : ? (A)Flood (B)Waves (C)Sea (D)Beach
Ans: (C) Explanation: Bank is the land beside the river .Similary coast is the land beside the sea .
62. Flower : Butterfly : : Dirt : ? (A)Rats (B)Fly (C)Bugs (D)Sweeper
Ans: (B) Explanation: First attracts the second .
63. Malaria : Disease : : Spear : ? (A)Wound (B)Sword (C)Weapon (D)Death
Ans: (C) Explanation: Second denotes the class to which the first belongs to.
64. Matricide : Mother : : Homicide : ? (A)Human (B)Children (C)Father (D)Apes
Ans: (A) Explanation: First implices killing the second .
65. Food : Stomach : : Fuel : ? (A)Plane (B)truck (C)Engine (D)Automobile
Ans: (C) Explanation: Food is processed by the stomach to provide energy for functioning the body .Similarly Fuel is processed by the engine to provide energy for the functioning of automobiles .
66. Quail : Partridges : : Yak : ? (A)Cows (B)Deer (C)Oxen (D)Antelope Ans :
(C) Explanation: First belongs to the family of second .
67. Engineer : Map : : Bricklayer : ? (A)Design (B)Template (C)Mould (D)Cement
Ans: (B) Explanation: Second gives pattern to be followed by the first .
68. Fire : Ashes : : Explosion : ? (A)Flame (B)Death (C)Sound (D)Debris Ans: (D) Explanation: Second is the name given to the remains lef after the first .
69. Pesticide : Crop : :Antiseptic : ? (A)Wound (B)Clothing (C)Bandage (D)Bleeding
Ans: (A)Explanation: Pesicide protects crops from insects and antiseptic protects wound from germs .
70. King : Throne : : Rider : ? (A)Seat (B)Horse (C)Saddle (D)Chair
Ans: (C) Explanation: A king sits on throne and a rider on a saddle .
71. Ocean : Water : : Glacier : ? (A)Refrigerator (B)Ice (C)Mountain (D)Cave
Ans: (B)Explanation: First consists of the second .
72. Reluctant : Keen : : Remarkable : ? (A)Usual (B)Restrained (C)Striking (D)Evolution
Ans: (A) Explanation: the words in each pair are antonyms.
73. Sculptor : Statue : : Poet : ? (A)Canvas (B)Pen (C)Verse (D)Chisel
Ans: (C) Explanation:Second is prepared by the first .
74. Fossils : Creatures : : Mummies : ? (A)Egypt (B)Human beings (C)Animals (D)Martyrs
Ans: (B) Explanation: Fossils are the remains of the creatures .Similarly mummies are the remains of human beings .