a. 6456 m b. 27666 m c. 2990.4 m d. 4666.5 m
Ans: 2990.4 m
Solution: let a is side of square field then a2=31684
perimeter= 4 * a = 712
5% more than perimeter = 712 + 5% of 712 = 712 + 35.6 = 747.6
Because we enclose four times so 4 * 747.6 = 2990.4
182. The curved surface area of two spheres are in the ratio 1:4. Find ratio of their volumes.
a. 1:4 b. 1:7 c. 1:8 d. 1:6
Curved surface area : 4 * Pi * r2
Volume = (4/3) * Pi* r3
r13=r23 = 1/8
183. 5 boys and 5 girls were made to sit in a row. In how many ways they can be seated so that every boy sits with his respective girl friend?
Ans: 5! 25
184. A vessel is filled to its capacity with pure milk. Ten litres are withdrawn from it and replaced by water. This procedure is repeated again. The vessel now has 32 litres of milk. Find the capacity of the vessel.
a. 55 litres b. 50 litres c. 40 litres d. 45 litres
Ans: 50 litres
185. A person invested Rs. 2500 on simple interest and got Rs. 200 at the end of the year as interest. What was his rate of interest?
a. 12% p.a b. 10% p.a c. 8% p.a d. 6% p.a
Ans: 8% p.a
Solution: Apply Simple interest formula ( P*T*R/100)
186. There are two queues at a super market billing counter. In the first queue, there are m1 customers all with n1 items in their baskets, while in the second queue there are m2 customers all with n2 items in their baskets. It takes “t” seconds to process each item and “p” seconds for each person to pay. A customer wishes to know which queue to join.
Which one of the following options gives the condition for the first queue to be the better queue to join?
a. m1(p+n1t)=m2(p+n2t) b. m2(p+n2t)≤ m1(p+n1t) c. m1(p+n1t) ≤m2(p+n2t) d. m1(p+n1t) < m2(p+n2t)
Ans: d. m1(p+n1t) < m2(p+n2t)
187. Harish creates a model based on Arithmetic Progression which starts at 3 and with a spacing of 8 goes till 467 ( i.e. 3,11, _, _, _, 467). Ravi wants to create another model through a subset of this series such that the total of no two elements of his series is 479. The maximum possible number of elements which Ravi’s series has would be:
a. 24 b. 32 c. 30 d. 29
189. The diameter of the wheel of a car is 14 m. It makes 5 revolutions per 11 seconds. What is the speed of the car?
a. 48 kmph b. 72 kmph c. 64 kmph d. 56 kmph
Ans: 72 kmph
Solution: surface area of a circle = 2 * Pi * r = 44 m
5 revolutions in 11 seconds
1 second = 20 m
20 m/second = 20 * (18/5) = 72 kmph
190. If x,y,z are positive variables and the value of (x+y+z)=18, then what is the maximum value of xyz?
a. 110 b. 100 c. 216 d. 252
191. Read the information given below and answer the question that follows:
1. A+B means A is father of B;
2. A-B means A is the sister of B;
3. A/B means A is the mother of B;
4. A*B means A is the brother of B
Which of the following expressions whows that M is the paternal uncle of N?
a. N*P b. N-P+M c. M-P+Q*N d. M*P+Q-N
192. if m/(m2-2m+1)=1/5, then determine the value of (m3 + m-3)
a. 323 b. 321 c. 320 d. 322
Apply denominator to individual terms
so (m+1/m)3 = m3+3m+3/m+1/m3
substitute required values in above equation.
193. The base of a triangular field is 880 m and its height is 550 m. Calculate the charges for supplying water to the field at the rate of Rs. 24.25 per sq.hectometer.
a. Rs 44 b. Rs 24.22 c. Rs 58.68 d. 654.4
Solution: area of a triangle= (1/2) * base * Height
= 242000 sq.m = 2.42 sq.hectometer
Charges= 2.42 * 24.25 = 58.68
194. How many numbers greater than a million can be formed from the digits 4,5,6,0,7,6,5?
a. 540 b. 4320 c. 2160 d. 1080
195. Which of the following would not be a consideration while designing model for emergency fire exit?
a. Number of evacuation doors. B. Number of people to be evacuated
c. Comfort of exit d. Number of safety personals
196. Ashif sold an article for Rs 315 at a profit of 5%. What would have been the loss incurred by him it it was sold for Rs. 275?
a. 7.625% b. 4.5 % c. 5.625% d. 6.25% e. 8.33%
197. a hemisphere, a cylinder and a cone of same height have equal base radii. Determine the ratio of their volumes ( in the same order )
a. 5:2:6 b. 3:4:6 c. 1:2:3 d. 2:3:1
198. The internal and external radii of a hollow cylinder are 4 cm and 6 cm respectively. What is the ratio of its internal surface area to its external surface area?
a. 4:9 b. 2:3 c. 3:4 d. 9:4
199. If A+B+C = 450 and A:B:C=3:5:7, then the value of “A” is:
a. 60 b. 90 c. 120 d. 140
200. Two numbers are in the ratio of 4:9. If the first number is increased by 50% and second number is doubled then the ratio becomes 1:3 then original numbers are:
a. 36,81 b. 27,12 c. 18,36 d. 80,90
Cocubes Computer fundamentals Questions
- Cocubes Computer Fundamentals Questions Set 1
- Cocubes Computer Fundamentals Most Likely Questions 2016 – 300+(paid)
Cocubes English Questions
- CoCubes English Most Likey Questions 2016 – 300+ Questions(Paid)
- Cocubes English Questions Set 1
- Cocubes English Questions Set 2
- Cocubes English Questions Set 3