What needs to be set right is our approach to work. It is a common sight in our country of employees reporting for duty on time and at the same time doing little work. If an assessment is made of time they spent in gossiping, drinking tea, eating “pan” and smoking cigarettes, it will be shocking to know that the time devoted to actual work is negligible. The problem is the standard which the leadership in administration sets for the staff. Forgot the ministers because they mix politics and administration. What do top bureaucrats do? What do the below down officials do? The administration set up remains week mainly because the employees do not have the right example to follow and they are more concerned about being in the good books of the bosses than doing work.
1. The employees in our country
A. are quite punctual but not duty conscious.
B. are not punctual, but somehow manage to complete their work
C. are somewhat lazy but good natured
D. are not very highly qualified
2.According to the writer, the administration in India
A. is by and large effective
B. is very strict and firm
C. is affected by red tape
D. is more or less ineffective
3. The word ‘assessment’ means
4.The leadership in administration_
A. sets a fine example to the employees
B. is of a reasonably high standard
C. is composed of idealists
D. is of a very poor standard
5.The central idea of passage could be best expressed by the following
A. The employee outlook towards work is justified
B. The employee must change their outlook towards work
C. The employees would never change their work culture
D. The employer-employee relationship is far from healthy
9. Which sentence is correct?
A. She lives on an apartment.
B. She lives to an apartment.
C. She lives in an apartment.
10. Which sentence is correct?
A. I’m tired of working.
B. I am tired to working.
C. I’m tiring of working.
11.Which sentence is correct?
A. The food smells great.
B. The food smelling great.
C. The food smell great.
12.New York is ____ large city
D. no article
13.___lion is a ferocious animal
D. no article
14.___ unit means a measurement
C. no article
15.Mahatma Gandhi was born in Porbandar.
A. simple past
B. simple present
C. simple future
D. past continuous
16.I shall visit the book fair tomorrow.
A. simple past
B. simple present
C. simple future
D. future continuous
17.Rain falls from the cloud.
A. past continuous
B. future continuous
C. simple present
D. present continuous
18. She has an aversion_____ taking even onion and garlic,
19.We had to pay more taxi fare because the driver brought us by a_____ route.
20. It’s very kind of you to ____ to speak at the meeting.
21. A is two years older than B who is twice as old as C. If the total of the ages of A, B and C be 27, the how old is B?
22.Ten years ago, P was half of Q in age. If the ratio of their percentages is 3:4, what will be the total of their percentages?
23. The sum of ages of 5 children born at the intervals of 3 years each is 50 years. What is the age of the youngest child?
A. 8 years
B. 16 years
C. 4 years
D. None of these
24. 12 points lie on a circle. How many cyclic quadrilaterals can be drawn by using these points?
25. A can do a work in 15 days and B in 20 days. If they work on it together for 4 days, then the fraction of the work that is left is:
26. A works twice as fast as B. If B can complete a work in 12 days independently, the number of days in which A and B can together finish the work In :
A. 4 days
B. 6 days
C. 8 days
D. 18 days
27. A man takes 5 hours 45 min in walking to a certain place and riding back. He would have gained 2 hours by riding both ways. The time he would take to walk both ways is
A. 11 hrs
B. 8 hrs 5 min
C. 7 hrs 45 min
D. 9 hrs 20 min
28. In a race, the speeds of A and B are in the ratio 3:4. A takes 30 minutes more than B to reach the destination. The time taken by A to reach the destination is?
A. 1 hr
B. 2 hr
C. 1.5 hr
D. 2.5 hr
29. An unbiased cubic die is thrown.What is the probabiltiy of getting a multiple of 3 or 4?
30. Anand and Deepak started a business investing Rs.22,500 and Rs. 35,000 respectively. Out of a total profit of Rs.13,800. Deepak’s share is?
A. RS. 9600
B. RS. 8500
C. RS. 8450
D. Rs. 8400
31. Avendor bought toffees at 6 for a rupee. How many for a rupee must he sell to gain 20%?
32. Sachin is younger than Rahul by 7 years. If their ages are in the respective ratio of 7:9, how old is Sachin?
A. 31 years
B. 24.5 years
C. Can’t calculate
D. 28 years
33. n a primary school, 10% of students are below 11 years of age. The number of students above 11 years of age is 3/4 of the number of students of 11 years of age which is 36. What is the total number of students in the school?
34. In what ratio must tea at Rs. 62 per Kg be mixed with tea at Rs. 72 per Kg so that the mixture must be worth Rs.64.50 per Kg?
35. Two pipes can fill a tank in 20 and 24 minutes respectively and a waste pipe can empty 3 gallons per minute. All the three pipes working together can fill the tank in 15 minutes. The capacity of the tank is:
A. 60 gallons
B. 100 gallons
& C. 120 gallons
D. 180 gallons
36. Select a figure from among the Answer Figures which will continue the same series as established by the five Problem Figures.
37.Select a figure from among the Answer Figures which will continue the same series as established by the five
38. A@B means that A is mother of B, A # B means A is B’s sister. A * B means A is the father of B and A$B means that A is B’s brother. Considering all this, which of the following represents that R is uncle of T?
39.If TEACHING is coded CHEATING, then how is GRADIENT coded?
40.In a particular gathering you will find an architect, an advocate, a banker, a shopkeeper, a dentist and a contractor. F, the contractor is the grandchild of the dentist. The banker D is wedded to A. C, the shopkeeper is wedded to advocate. B is Fs mother. F is E’s brother. Also in this group there are only two married couples. A and C hold a fatherson relationship and B-E hold a mother daughter relationship. Based on the given data determine the total number of male members in the group?
D. Nothing can be said
41.In row of girls,there are 16 girls between priya and natasha. Priya is the thirty second girl from the left end of the row. If priya is nearer than natasha to the right end of the row, then how far away is natasha from the left end of the row?
42.Data sufficiency: stan the stationer buys two variety of pencils at 20S a dozen and 30S a dozen and sells them what is the profit he makes?
statement 1: he buys a total of 10 dozen pencils.
statement 2: stan buys the same no. of pencils of either variety.
statement 3: he sold the pencils at 28$ a dozen.
A. statement 1 and 2
B. statement 2 and 3
C. statement 1 and 3
D. statement 2 and 3 or statement 1 and 3.
43. Four buses ply from a busterminal to reach 5 stations A,B,C,D,Ethat lie on a straight highway in the same order the buses stop enroute at specific stations only in the following manner BUS STATIONS
bus1: a,C,and E
bus2: B,D and E
bus3: A,B,Cand E
bus4: C and D
If sudheer wants to go from station B to D and later return to station A, By which buses must he travel?
A. buses 1,2, and 3
B. buses 2,3, and 4
C. buses 1,2, and 4
44. if BASKET written as 116, then COLOUR will be written as
45.If north becomes south-westant south-west becomes east and all the directions changed in the same manner,then what will be the direction for south-east?
46. GOOD will be coded as 164 like that BAD-21, UGLY-260 then JUMP-?
No trunks are ivories.
No toes are trunks
1.all toesare ivories
2.some trunks are ivories
A. only conclusion 1 follows
B. only conclusion 2 follows
C. both 1&2 follows
D. neither 1 nor 2
48. Statements: All the windows are doors. No door is a wall.
1.Some windows are walls.
2. No wall is a door.
A. Only (1) conclusion follows
B. Only (2) conclusion follows
C. Either (1) or (2) follows
Neither (1) nor (2) follows
Both (1) and (2) follow
49.Look at this series: 14, 28, 20, 40, 32,64, What numbershould come next?
50. Look at this series: 5.2, 4.8, 4.4, 4, What numbershould come next?