CTS Selection Process 2018 for Freshers Batch
CTS has different selection process for On Campus and Off Campus drives, information for both can be found on this page in detail. Read this completely.
CTS Placement Process 2018 On Campus
If the package is Rs.3.5 LPA –
For On Campus Cognizant uses MeritTrac platform.
- Written Round based on MeritTrac
- Analytical Ability(Quants)
- Analytical Ability(Logical)
- Verbal Ability
- Technical Interview(15mins approx)
- HR Interview(10 mins approx)
If the package is Rs.6.5LPA –
For this Platform used is AMCAT, but the whole process and Syllabus is different for the exam then General AMCAT Test.
- Critical Reasoning –
- Number of Questions -15 questions
- Time – 20 minutes
- Programming –
- Number of Questions -2 questions
- Time – 60 mins
- Data Interpretation –
- Number of Questions -10 questions
- Time – 15 minutes
- English Comprehension –
- Number of Questions -22 questions
- Time – 18 mins
Cognizant Placement Process Off Campus for Freshers 2018
For Off Campus Cognizant uses AMCAT Platform
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Verbal English
- Logical Reasoning
Optional sections(Can choose any two 2 out of these) –
While Cognizant doesn’t consider marks in the sections below but other companies like mPhasis etc may so you must choose
For Engineering –
- Computer Programming
- Computer Science
- Electronics and Semiconductors
- Electrical Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Paint Technology
- Polymer Technology
While you can choose any but we suggest these for the following branches –
We suggest for Engineering Branches that students must choose computer programming(If they want to apply for IT jobs in companies like Accenture, Zs Associates, mPhasis etc.
- For CSE and IT – Computer Programming and Computer Science.
- For ECE – Telecommunication, Electronics and Semiconductors + Computer Programming
- For EEE – Electrical Engineering + Computer Programming. Can also give Electronics and Semiconductors if confident.
- For Mech – Mechanical Engineering + Computer Programming. Can also give Metallurgical Engineering if confident.
- For Chemical – Chemical Engineering + Computer Programming. Can also give any one of paint, polymer, chemistry if confident.
- Civil Engineering – Civil Engineering + Computer Programming.
There is additional 2nd round after this
This includes Coding Round which will have two questions one easy and one hard.
What candidate has to say about 6.5 LPA Process for CTS
Initially there were visiting our college campus fair as mass recruiters, but from this time they offered us 6.5lpa per annum and we were supposed to face a different set of placement procedures.
Initially they said and put one post on our placement portal as – we are visiting your college and academic criteria should be overall 60%(10th, Diploma/12th, BE)
Placement process was open to all Branches of Engineering. Dead backs were allowed but not live backs, max 2 years of year gap in education was allowed. Of course, they allowed all Branches but they preferred only Coders:-one who has good coding skills. so initially they put one written test in our college only.
Aptitude-technical comprised of 2 questions those were very easy and that test was for about 60 minutes. Questions were like removing duplicates from strings, printing pattern etc they were very easy some questions were based in debugging and some of type complete the function given below, they were very easy. And that was elimination round too so be alert, and I passed in that test, among 200 they shortlisted only 68 members and next round was –
Actual CTS Online test – The online test will consist of following sections:
- English Comprehension
- Critical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Coding (2 questions for 60 minutes)
But I am not writing that test because I have Exact 2 years of gap, as I completed my PUC or 12th before joining Diploma, but if they consider my 12th, my Overall aggregate will not met 60% as I have less % in 12th, but I was having legal aggregate in SSLC, Diploma, Engineering But not in 12th, but I admitted to Engineering on Diploma not on 12th so I wrote test But later they not allowed me to write next test.
- Aptitude – Technical
- Writing Ability
Aptitude – Technical
- And some other debugging questions like what bit will print and what is the purpose
- Classes examples and what will happen if we import as private, public etc while inheriting features of super class
- Print the following pattern * ** *** ****
- Removing the duplicates from a sorted string
- Find the second largest in an array
The Cognizant test pattern for ON-CAMPUS Drive features the following sections:
- Critical Reasoning – 15 questions – 20 minutes
- Programming – 2 questions – 60 minutes
- Data Interpretation – 10 questions – 15 minutes
- English Comprehension – 22 questions – 18 minutes