- In a code language if POSE is coded as OQNPRTDF, then the word TYPE will be coded as
ANSWER : SUXZOQDF
Explanation : . The word has been coded in such as way that codes for letter P are OQ (One letter behind and one letter ahead of P in alphabet). Similarly, codes for O are NP and so on2.
- 2. In a certain code, BOXER is written as AQWGQ. How VISIT is written in that code?
ANSWER : UKRKS
Explanation : . Letters at the odd places have been written one letter back, and letters at the even places have been written two letters ahead in the coded word as their positions in the alphabet.
3. If CLOTHES is EXHAUST and THRICE is STABLE, then SHIRT is
ANSWER : BLASH
Explanation : . Using the above coding procedure as in the previous question, we find that the codes for letters $ and I will be B and L, and thus coding for SHIRT will be BLASH.
4. If `PAPER� is written as `OZODQ�, how `PENCIL� can be written in that code?
ANSWER : ODMBHK
Explanation : . Each letter has been coded one letter back in the alphabetical series.
5. In a certain code, BOY is written as $*� and HOUR is written @*�0. How is RUBY written in that code?
A. 0 � $ �
B. 0 $ � �
C. � $ � 0
D. � � $ 0
E. None of these
ANSWER : 0 � $ �
Explanation : . It is clear from the coding pattern that codes for R, U, B and Y are 0, �, $ and �, respectively.
6. In a certain code, INSTITUTION is written as NOITUTITSNI. How is PERFECTION written in that code?
ANSWER : NOITCEFREP
Explanation : . Letters of the word INSTITUTION have been just reversed in the coded word. Therefore, PERFECTION will be coded as NOITCEFREP. Hence, option (4) is the correct answer.
7. In a certain code, PRODUCTS is written as NPMBSARQ. How is COMPREHENSION written in that code?
ANSWER : AMKNPCFCLQGML
Explanation : . Each letter of the word has been written two letters back in the coded word, as their positions in the alphabet.
8. If FESTIVAL is coded as MBWJUTFG, then OPIUM would be coded as
ANSWER : NVJQP
Explanation : . The word has been coded in such a way that last letter in the coded word is the next letter of the first letter of the basic word, second letter is next that of the second letter of the basic word and so on. Hence, OPIUM will be coded as NVJQP.
9. In a certain code, RIPPLE is written as 613382 and LIFE is written as 8192. How is PILLER written in that code?
ANSWER : 318826
Explanation : . From the coding pattern, it is clear that code for P is 3, for I is 1, for L is 8, for E is 2, and for R it is 6. So word PILLER will coded as 318826.
10. In a certain code SOCIAL is written as TQFMFR, then how you will code DIMPLE?
ANSWER : EKPTQK
Explanation : . Letters for the basic word have been moved in forward direction in the coded word with a gap of 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 letters as their positions in the alphabet. Therefore, the word DIMPLE will be coded as E K P T Q K.
11. In a certain code language, QUEUE is written as Q 22, and CHURCH is written as 1UR1. Which of the following would be most appropriate code for BANANA in that language?
ANSWER : B55A
Explanation : . Similar pairs of letters have been given the same numeric in each word. As a result pair UE in word QUEUE has been coded 2, pair CH has been coded 1 and likewise the pair AN has been coded 5. Hence, the word BANANA would be coded as B55A
12. In a certain code, GIGANTIC is written as GIGTANCI. How is MIRACLES written in that code?
ANSWER : MIRLACSE
Explanation : . First three letter of the word are kept as they are sixth letter comes at fourth place shifting fourth and fifth letters to fifth and sixth places, respectively and the last two letters are exchanged.
13. If PORTER is written as QNSSFQ, then BRIGHT would be coded as
ANSWER : CQJFIS
Explanation : . Letters at the odd places in the coded word are one letter ahead of the respective letters of the basic word, and letters at the even places in the coded word are one letter back of the respective letters as their positions in the alphabet.
14. In a certain code, GOODNESS is coded as HNPCODTR. How is GREATNESS coded in that code?
ANSWER : HQFZUMFRT
Explanation : . Letters at odd places in the coded word are one letter ahead of the letters in the basic word, and letters at even places are one letter behind of the letters in the basic word as their positions in the alphabet.
15. If ROSE is coded as 6821, CHAIR is coded as 73456 and PREACH is coded as 961473, then what will be the code for SEARCH?
Solution: The alphabets are coded as shown:
Therefore, in SEARCH, S is coded as 2, E is coded as 1, A is coded as 4, R is coded as 6, C is coded as 7, H is coded as 3.
Thus, the code for SEARCH is 214673.
16. In a certain language, ‘sun shines brightly’ is written as ‘ba lo sul’, ‘houses are brightly lit’ as ‘kado ula ari ba’ and ‘light comes from
sun’ as ‘dopi kup lo nro’. What is the code for sun and brightly?
A. ba sul
B. sul lo
C. lo ba
D. ba nro
Solution: In the first and third statements, the common word is ‘sun’ and the common codeword is ‘lo’. So, ‘lo’ is the code for ‘sun’. In the first and second statements, the common word is ‘brightly’ and the common code word is ‘ba’. So, ‘ba’ is the code for ‘brightly’. Hence, the answer is (c).
17. If PAINTER is written in a code language as NCGPRGP, then REASON would be written as:
ANSWER : PGYUMP
Explanation : . Letters at odd places have been written two letters back, and letters at even places have been written two steps ahead in the coded word, as their positions in the alphabet. Hence, word REASON will be coded as PGYUMP.
18. If CARPET is coded as TCEAPR, then the code for NATIONAL would be
ANSWER : LNAANTOI
Explanation : . Letters of the basic word are written in the coded word in such a way that last and first letters, second last and second letters, third last and third letters and so on are written together in the coded word.
19. If PICTURE is coded as tuvwxyz, then PATCH would be coded as
ANSWER : tqwvm
Explanation : . Codes for P, T and C will be t, w and v respectively (direct coding), and codes for A and H will be letters other than which have appeared in coding of PICTURE. Hence, PATCH will be coded as tqwvm.
20. In a certain code, TEACHER is written as VGCEJGT. How is CHILDREN written in that code?
Solution: Each alphabet in the word “TEACHER ” is moved two steps forward to obtain the corresponding alphabet of the code.
T E A C H E R
V G C E J G T
(Each alphabet is increasing by 2)
Similarly, we have
C H I L D R E N
E J K N F T G D