Clearing TCS Written Test Exam
You can clear the TCS Aptitude Test. You just need to know how to. We at MyGeekMonkey are experts at it.
Did you know that more than of the candidates placed in TCS in 2018 prepared from GeekMonkey.
Understanding The Cut Off
First you need to understand the cut off for each section and know that you have to better than X% number of people.
Generally, we put the average cut off for TCS on our Dashboard but, thats not the actual truth.
TCS has different cut for for different colleges.
- Grade A+ Colleges (IIT’s, Top NITs and BITs) – TCS is not allowed to participate in the drive as it offers lower packages. But, TCS Turbo or Tata Elxi are two different companies owned by TCS that visit A+ Colleges.
- Grade A Colleges (VIT, SRM, MIT, lower NITs) -alumnus Students from these colleges perform extra ordinarily and TCS has about 45%ile as cut off for written test. Which means that top %0% will go to the next round.
- Grade B Colleges (Amity, Sastra, PESIT etc) – about 60% cut off
- Grade C colleges (Lower State Colleges) – TCS has 70% as cut off that means about top 30% will go to the next round.
The TCS recruitment process consists of 3 rounds. The rounds are as follows:
Technical Interview + Managerial Round
Written Test – The following are the sections asked –
- email Writing
- C MCQ
- Coding/Command Line Programming
- Clocks and Calendar
- Permutations and Combinations
- Number System and HCF & LCM
- Allegations and Mixtures
- Ratios, Proportion and Averages
- Work and Time
- Series and Progressions
- Time, speed, distance
- Arrangements and Series
- Time – 40 mins
No other website has this section, except us. This is not a general coding round, here rather than normal C/C++ etc you have to use command line programming language. You can find Command Line Programming preparation guide on our TCS Dashboard.
email Writing –
TCS email Writing has no such Syllabus, basically you have to write an email to a person with the help of given word hints, example of such questions is given below
C MCQ –
You can find the TCS Technical MCQ Syllabus and other information on our Website
TCS Interview Prep
For CS/IT/MCA and other coding Domains –
- Try to stick to Technologies and Languages mentioned in Resume.
- Basic Questions on C / OOPS / Software Engineering / DSA i.e. you will necessarily be asked questions from these.
- If Resume mentions the any of the following -Basic Questions on DBMS / Computer Networks / Operating Systems, then ask questions on the same.
- Ask Questions about final year projects
For Non Coding Branches like EEE, Mech etc –
- Stick to Technologies and Languages mentioned in Resume.
- Very basic Questions on C / OOPS / other programming Language mentioned in Resume.
- Talk about Final year Projects – Can ask to make Circuit Diag / Diagrams / Formulas / Definitions only from topics related to Final year project of his respective Branch.
- Ask student about his favourite subject and ask basic questions on it.
TCS Vs other Mass hiring Companies Interview Process Comparison
- TCS likes to go in Technical details of your Branch Projects, definitions, diagrams, code etc
- Other companies like Cognizant and Accenture specifically like to keep it non technical and focus more on English
- Duration of Interview
- While in Accenture and CTS the duration of Interview is around 15 mins
- For TCS it ranges anywhere between 30 mins to 45 mins
- Coding Questions
- Companies like Accenture and Deloitte don’t ask coding questions at all
- But, TCS, Wipro will ask you basic coding questions like Palindrome, pattern printing etc even if you’re from Non CS IT round.
- C / OOPS Questions
- TCS does ask C / OOPS concept to all Branches. Well, you’re applying to an IT company they expect you to know a little about C / OOPS theory.
- Companies like Accenture, Deloitte don’t ask C / OOPS concept. But, their training is very difficult, so even if you get selected. You need to learn all about coding and technical aspects
- Freedom of Topic Selection
- All bulk companies give freedom of topic selection to you, generally the interviewer will ask you the favourite subject and will ask questions from that, or will ask you the questions from topics, chapters and projects mentioned in your Resume.
he interview will give you points out of 10 for each of the following –
- Command on Procedural Language i.e C
- Command on any Object Oriented Language
- Command on General Branch specific knowledge
- Verbal Communication
- Time Management skills
- Outgoing and Friendly
- Team Player and Collaborative
Human Resource (HR)
- Relocation willingness
- Culture Fit with TCS
- Knowledge about TCS
- Work ethics
- Dress Code
- Positive attitude
Finally, all the scores are added and it is decided to select top X% of the students.
Note – Scores of Written round are also added here.