TCS Off Campus Drive 2018
Tata Consultancy Services or TCS which is India’s largest IT service provider has started with its TCS Off Campus Drive for 2018. The passouts of year 2016, 2017 and 2017 are eligible for this drive.
Criteria of Eligibility
- All passouts from branches B.E. / B.Tech. (CSE, ECE, EEE, EIE, ICE, IT, Mechanical)
- All passsouts from Courses MCA: with BSc/BCA/BCom /BA (with Math/Statistics Background)
- MSc: CS, IT, SW
- Candidate must have a Minimum 75.00% in 10th, 12th degree/diploma or BTech/MTech
- CGPA 6 and above (no rounding off) from 1st Semester to Last Semester
- Candidate must not have any Standing Arrears
- Candidate must not have any break in education should not exceed 24 months
- Minimum age of candidate – 18 years and Maximum age of candidate – 28 years
- Passouts of Year – 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Job Location – All over India
- Salary – 3.50 LPA
- Role – Software Engineer
How to Apply for TCS Off Campus Drive
Please read the whole information given on the page first and then only apply as if you fill the form incorrectly then you will not be able to apply again for the next 6 months.
The whole process is divided into the following four –
- First you have to visit this link here -https://nextstep.tcs.com/
- Then click on the register now button
- Then go to the IT section
- You will be asked to fill a form, completely fill it
- Dote down your Reference ID and Password somewhere
Completing TCS Profile
- Go to https://nextstep.tcs.com again and then login using the reference ID and password.
- Go to “Application Form” on the page
- Now make sure that details are filled correctly, if you fact any problem then you can comment on the end of this page with screenshot and other details and we will help you.
Checking if Applied Successfully
- On the same page you can go to the option that says “Track my application”
- You will have a number like DTXXXX or CTXXXX note that down
- You can edit the information that you had just entered using edit my application option on that page.
- CT candidates must select the test center from Select nearest test location option on the page.
- DT candidates will have same test location as they had entered in the form.
How to Prepare for TCS Drive 2018
In this section, you have to answer 20 questions on quantitative aptitude and reasoning in 40 minutes. The pattern for this section has changed a little. Due to the addition of two new sections, the number of questions has come down from 30 to 20 and the time for this section has also come down from 80 minutes to just 40 minutes. There is negative marking in this section. All the questions don’t carry the same weightage. Some questions will be marked with a star will carry a higher weightage.This means that more marks will be deducted if you get these star questions wrong. It’s advisable to only attend these questions if you know the answer for sure. Accuracy is key in this section. Topics to be covered for this section are as follows:
- Work and Time
- Series and Progressions
- Time, speed, distance
- Arrangements and Series
- Clocks and Calendar
- Permutations and Combinations
- Number System and HCF & LCM
- Allegations and Mixtures
- Ratios, Proportion and Averages
Star Questions: Certain questions are termed as star questions. These carry higher weight and also higher negative marking.
- 18 normal Questions carrying 1 mark and 0.33 negative marking
- 2 star marked questions carry 2 marks and 0.66 negative marking
|Off Campus Syllabus||Questions||Avg time to Solve|
|Work and Time||1||1 mins 10 secs|
|Series and Progressions||1 – 2||1 mins 40 secs|
|Time, speed, distance||1 – 2||1 mins 20 secs|
|Equations||0 – 1||1 mins 35 secs|
|Reasoning||2||2 mi 20 secs|
|Geometry||1 – 2||1 mins 10 secs|
|Arrangements and Series||1 – 2||1 min 50 secs|
|Probability||1 – 2||1 min 40 secs|
|Clocks and Calendar||1|
|Permutations and Combinations||2 – 3||1 min 30 secs|
|Number System and HCF & LCM||1 – 2||1 mins 10 secs|
|Percentages||1 – 2||1 mins 10 secs|
|Allegations and Mixtures||0 – 1||1 min 30 secs|
|Ratios, Proportion and Averages||1 – 2||1 min 30 secs|
Using the following phrases, write an email with a minimum of 70 words as a project leader write an email to the customer Mr Gill Roy explaining the delay to the project.
Payment processing system – Schedule – 10th May (Friday) – Unexpected power outage – 3 days – Overall delay – 7 days – includes recovery of lost work – will not recur
Dear Gill Roy
The project “Payment processing system” was scheduled to be delivered on 10th May (Friday). However, due to an unexpected power outage in our offshore site for the past 3 days, work did not progress as expected. Also, we lost a few of our works as backup systems did not come online. Hence we are expecting an overall delay includes recovery of lost work in the delivery of the project for a maximum of 7 days within which our team will work on the issues. Apologies for the delay and we will ensure that the mistake will not recur in future again.
Thanks and Regards
- Read the question and understand it carefully
- Usage of words (use the keywords mentioned in the question)
- Don’t make spelling mistakes
- Avoid typing errors and technical jargon (The email should be simple for everyone to read)
- Use simple sentences
- Pay attention to grammar
- Keep the email brief and to the point
- Don’t skip any of the given words or phrases
The C MCQ Section has 10 questions and the time given is 20 mins.
The questions asked in the test are generally input/output C MCQ Questions.
Coding or Command Line Arguments
This section is basically coding section but rather than normal coding you have to use command line coding arguments. You can study about command line coding arguments on our Command Line Dashboard.
- You can compile the code only 10 times.
- You will have to get the exact output given in the question.
- You have to pass all the test cases.
- You cannot use any input functions which are used in C, C++ etc.
TCS Off Campus Interview Syllabus
There are three parts of TCS Interview –
- TR Round ie Technical Interview
- MR Round ie Managerial Interview
- HR Round ie HR Interview
TR Round –
Questions from programming languages like –
- OOPS concept
- Technical things mentioned in the Resume
MR Round –
In the managerial round, they will basically test your attitude and behavior. So here, the questions will be situation based where you will be given one scenario and asked to respond or handle the situation. This round is more like a stress interview and also there is a possibility of the panelists checking your technical knowledge. Be calm and confident.
HR Round –
Basic HR Questions like where do you see yourself after 5 years and why do you want to join TCS etc.